Model & Beauty Queen Victoria Jinanwa: Beauty Pageants Provide New Opportunities For Young People!
CONTRIBUTED BY: SAIF RAHMAN SOZIB FOR WORLD FASHION MEDIA NEWS
1) Hello Victoria! I am glad that you are here! Tell us something about yourself. Where are you from, What do you do?
My name is Jinanwa Victoria Ugochi. I’m from Abia state in Nigeria. I graduated in chemical science from Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria, and am the youngest of six children. I’m a model, Beauty Queen, and also an Entrepreneur (I have a spa, I do event management, and also train models)
2) How long have you been modeling? You have lovely photos! What modeling jobs have you done up until now? What do you consider to be your best quality, one that can help you in this job? How popular is modeling in your country?
Have been modeling for 5 years now. I have done modeling jobs for some brands (Henna brand, runway model, commercial modeling). I consider commercial modeling to be my best and it has helped me a lot. Modeling is very popular in my country and lots of young ladies pursue it.
3) How do you like this competition so far? Why did you decide to enter it? Have you been to beauty pageants before, and have you won any titles?
I love the competition so far. It’s one of the best I have ever participated in. I decided to enter the pageant because it’s a pageant that has a lot to offer, the vision and the mission is also what I developed an interest in. Yes, I have been to pageants and have participated before and I have won four titles for myself.
AWARDS WON: Miss Ojude Oba (second runner up) 2016, Miss Elegant Nigeria (third runner up) 2017, Queen of Tourism South East 2018, MISS TOURISM NIGER DELTA 2019
MORE ON PAGEANTRY: The purpose of beauty pageants is to find one’s personality, their own strengths, and weaknesses, gain confidence and raise self-esteem, and prove to people that it is not impossible to have beauty and brains. Even though people usually say that it helps models with their self-confidence, beauty pageants have been shown to have a harmful effect on their contestants’ self-esteem. Beauty pageants focus on outward appearance rather than inner beauty. They create young children who hate their appearance and become obsessed with perfecting it. Pageants also promote the following: It promotes tourism. It enriches international relations. It motivates the youth. It builds discipline and self-confidence. It becomes a channel to reach and help despondent communities around the world. It teaches competitiveness. It opens opportunities for young people.
4) Do you have an idea how you would give support to artists in your country? What would you promote?
HOW TO SUPPORT ARTISTS: (1) Subscribe to their job. Depending on what breed of artist they are, this could take many forms. (2) Buy things that you would buy anyway through their affiliate links. (3) Go to their events. (4) Share their works (5) Tell them they’re great.
5) Tell us something about your talent video. You are very good at modeling. Would you like to mention some of your other talents? Tell us about them.
My talent video was about me promoting the brand Superstar Art Foundation, creating awareness of what the brand stands for, and how the brand is motivated towards promoting artists and fashion. Yes, I would like to mention some of my talents. My other talents are singing, writing, poetry, and acting.
About my other talents: My poetry hasn’t been published yet. But hoping to do that soon, as soon as I get support from the brand. I have been featured in a movie-tagged OLOGBO MEJE Yoruba series. Also hoping to feature in many more movies. I believe the brand will help me achieve this.
Check my video: https://youtu.be/75v3XFm-ZYc
6) We cannot help but notice that humanitarian work truly interests you. Tell us something about it. How do you help other people in your community? What do you stand for, and to whom would you offer your help?
Yes, humanitarian work truly interests me because that is what I stand for and represent. I render help to people in my community by meeting with well-meaning people and with support from family and friends. I stand for peace, humanity, transparency, and also love. The less privileged ones, the aged, the upcoming artist, and the upcoming and talented young people.
7) Tell us about your country. What is it famous for? Would you like to stay there forever? Or would you like to move somewhere in the future?
My country Nigeria, popularly referred to as the giant of Africa, is known for its natural resources and also culture and tourism. Nigeria boasts the largest economy in Africa. It is projected to rank among the world’s top ten economies by 2050. Nigeria has an abundance of resources including oil and gas. The Country holds the largest natural gas reserves on the continent and is Africa’s largest oil and gas producer. If given the opportunity to travel, in the future I will make proper use of the opportunity.
8) If you win, what would you do? What do you think, what type of a person deserves to become a Miss?
If I was crowned the winner of Miss Economic World I would use my crown and my title to promote the brand that got me to this stage which is the superstar art Foundation. Will also promote the vision and mission of the brand. Will show the World what the brand stands for and represents. Promote artists, and be fully involved with matters that concern the economy of the World. A lady who has the interest of the brand at heart and also supports the goals and mission of the brand should be crowned.
PR & Marketing: Svetlana Gavrilovic; Translation: Čarna-Senka Kolar